About Permitting

Before a permit is issued, the issuing department will require some plans to be drawn up. The requirements for these plans vary. Some places want detailed plans, while others are fine with a sketch on a napkin. However, large structures, specifically ones that are intended for public occupancy, will require a licensed architect to create construction plans before permits are issued.

Here at LPA, we know when and to what level plans are required in local jurisdictions.  Some projects only need an architectural plan for a change of use or tenant layout with no changes to the existing conditions. Projects will also need an architect when mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans are required. Tradesmen can pull their own trade permits (saving fees on MEP engineering.)  Not every project has the same level of detail or information required.

We Can Help!

Do you have specific permitting questions? Contact us today to have a conversation.